Hey boys - this one's for you.
Mixing prints is not just for the ladies. Have more fun dressing up for a night on the town or a friend's cocktail party. Men don't have as many clothing options as us ladies do, so when party-time rolls around they only really get to choose from a shirt and tie. But you can show your style know-how by wearing fun colors and mixing prints.
Layering prints is a subtle art, and I am aware that some of our straighter male friends have a difficult time with this.
Some tips to help you get started
1. Firstly, don't just wear your work shirts and ties. Buy a couple button-ups and ties that are explicitly not appropriate for the office.
2. Stripes or dots are a simple base that look great with almost everything.
3. Black and/or white graphic prints open up the second element to any color of your choice.
4. Choose one bold print/color and one subtle (such as the white polka dots and subtle purple paisley our model Chris is wearing)
5. Color matters most. So check that the color combination works, and then check the pattern combo second.
6. As you experiment, you can venture further into wilder combinations. Have fun!
Meet Chris, all around handsome man, avid ailurophile and our first guest model on Miss Marie Styles!